- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted - OIIICCD6-1
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted
- This OIII 6 nm CCD Filter from Astronomik is mounted in a 1.25" round cell and is designed expressly for astrophotography
- Near 100% transmission in the OIII line
- Approximately 6 nm FWHM bandwidth
- An excellent filter for imaging the remnants of supernovae as well as planetary nebulae
- Coatings provide exceptional protection against the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffracton limited, this filter will maintain the optical quality of your telescope
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing high quality optics!
- Astronomik's OIII Visual Filters are best-suited for telescopes with at least 6" aperture
More About the Astronomik 1.25" OIII 6 nm CCD Filter
OIII CCD filters are ideal for imaging OIII nebulae from dark as well as heavily light polluted viewing locations. This filter offers complete obstruction of unwanted light sources such as artificial light pollution, natural skyglow, and moonlight. Light from high and low pressure sodium and mercury lights, common light pollution culprits, as well as all lines of natural airglow are fully blocked. It highlights the tremendous contrast between objects glowing at 501 nm and the sky background. Using an OIII filter will broaden your imaging potential, as you'll gain ability to image all greenish and blueish objects.
As a result of the combination of a typical 96% transmission with a 6 nm narrow bandwidth, this filter provides an incredible boost in contrast since all undesired light from other wavelengths obstructed from UV up to IR. Its reduced 6 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) gives this filter higher contrast gain when compared to the 12 nm OIII CCD filter. This enables an exceptionally dark background.
For observing from locations with severe light pollution, or for imaging faint objects in regions of the Milky Way heavily crowded with stars, the 6 nm filter is the optimal choice. The 6 nm FWHM is matched to allow maximum performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with an extremely low dark current!
The Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter also features a new MFR coating technique to enable you to use a single filter on all instruments up to f/4 while maintaining their current performance level.
As with all filters from Astronomik, the 6 nm OIII is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. This filter has a thickness of only 1 mm and is highly resistant to damage incurred by scratching, aging, and high humidity. Diffraction limited for preserving the optical performance of your telescope. Astronomik filters are shipped in a high quality, long-lasting plastic storage case.