- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 2" Round Mounted - OIIICCD6-2
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 2" Round Mounted
- Designed specifically for astrophotography, this Astronomik 6 nm OIII CCD is mounted in a round, 2" cell
- Close to full transmission in the OIII line
- FWHM bandwidth of around 6 nm
- Optimal for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova remnants
- Astronomik's multi-layer coating technique safeguards this filter against damage caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This 2" OIII 6 nm filter is diffraction limited and therefore will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for their superior quality optics!
- Best-equipped for instruments with an aperture of 6" minimum
More About the Astronomik 2" OIII 6 nm CCD Filter
Whether working from an optimally dark site or in severe light pollution, this OIII CCD filter from Astronomik is ideal for OIII nebulae imaging. Provides full blockage of artificial light pollution such as high and low pressure sodium and mercury lights, natural airglow, and light from the Moon. Contrast between objects in the OIII line (501 nm) and the background will become abundantly clear. In addition, OIII filters enable much broader imaging capabilities as green and blue objects can now be imaged.
This Astronomik 2" OIII Filter incorporates a 6 nm narrow bandwidth with 96% typical transmission for a notable increase in contrast as all unwanted light from alternative wavelengths is blocked from UV up to IR. In comparison to the 12 nm OIII filter, this filter's smaller 6 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum) provides higher contrast gain. This results in an incredibly dark background.
A fitting choice for imaging faint objects in areas of the Milky Way that are densely packed with stars, or for observing from heavily light polluted locations. This filter's 6 nm is matched to enable premium performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with a very low dark current! Furthermore, a new MFR coating technique allows this 6 nm OIII filter to be used on all telescopes and other instruments with focal ratios up to f/4 without a decrease in performance.
This filter, like all Astronomik filters, is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. The Astronomik 2" OIII 6 nm CCD Filter is extremely thin at only 1 mm in thickness, but it offers high resistance to scratching as well as the effects of aging and high humidity. It's also diffraction limited so your telescope's optical performance will be maintained. Filters from Astronomik arrive with a superior quality, durable plastic storage container.