- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 27 mm Round - OIIICCD6-27
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 27 mm Round
- Made specifically for astrophotography, this Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter is round and measures 27 mm in diameter
- Close to full transmission in the OIII line
- FWHM bandwidth of approximately 6 nm
- The perfect filter for imaging supernova residue and planetary nebulae
- Multi-layer coating technique provides protection against the damaging effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not lessen the optical performance of your telescope
- Made in Germany, a country with a reputation for producing high quality optics
- Best suited for instruments with 6" or larger apertures
More About Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filters
OIII CCD filters are ideal for imaging OIII nebulae from dark as well as heavily light polluted viewing locations. This filter offers complete obstruction of unwanted light sources such as artificial light pollution, natural skyglow, and moonlight. Light from high and low pressure sodium and mercury lights, common light pollution culprits, as well as all lines of natural airglow are fully blocked. It highlights the tremendous contrast between objects glowing at 501 nm and the sky background. Using an OIII filter will broaden your imaging potential, as you'll gain ability to image all greenish and blueish objects.A typical 96% transmission combined with a 6 nm narrow bandwidth provides a remarkable contrast gain since unwanted light from other wavelengths is fully blocked from UV up to IR. When compared to the 12 nm filter, the 6 nm OIII enables a higher contrast improvement due to its smaller FWHM (full width at half maximum). The result is an exceptionally dark background. A fitting choice for imaging faint objects in areas of the Milky Way that are densely packed with stars, or for observing from heavily light polluted locations. This filter's 6 nm is matched to enable premium performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with a very low dark current! Furthermore, a new MFR coating technique allows this 6 nm OIII filter to be used on all telescopes and other instruments with focal ratios up to f/4 without a decrease in performance. Like all Astronomik filters, the 27 mm OIII 6 nm CCD Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Although its thickness is a miniscule 1 mm, this filter is still highly resistant to potential damage that scratching, aging, and high humidity can inflict. Diffraction limited to avoid lessening the optical performance of your telescope. Astronomik filters are delivered in a durable plastic storage container of superior quality.