- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 31 mm Round - OIIICCD6-31
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 31 mm Round
- Presented in a round, 31 mm cell, this Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter is made especially for astrophotography
- Transmission in the OIII line is close to 100%
- FWHM bandwidth of nearly 6 nm
- Ideally equipped for photographing planetary nebulae as well as the remaining vestiges of supernovae
- Multi-layer coatings prevent this filter from being inflicted with scratches or the impacts of aging and humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not lessen the optical performance of your telescope
- German-made for high optical quality!
- Works best with 6" aperture or less telescopes
More About the Astronomik 31 mm OIII 6 nm CCD Filter
For OIII emission line nebulae imaging from an ideally dark location or under heavily light polluted conditions, the Astronomik OIII CCD Filter offers complete impediment against mercury and sodium-vapor, the main causes of light pollution, as well as natural skyglow, and moonlight. The contrast between objects in the 501 nm doubly ionized oxygen line and the background is greatly enhanced. In addition, with this OIII 6 nm CCD Filter allows greenish and blueish targets to be photographed, considerably expanding your imaging potential.
A typical 96% transmission combined with a 6 nm narrow bandwidth provides a remarkable contrast gain since unwanted light from other wavelengths is fully blocked from UV up to IR. When compared to the 12 nm filter, the 6 nm OIII enables a higher contrast improvement due to its smaller FWHM (full width at half maximum). The result is an exceptionally dark background.
Astronomik OIII Filters are the perfect choice for viewing under extremely light polluted conditions as well as for imaging faint targets in parts of the Milky with densely crowded stars. 6 nm FWHM is matched to provide superior performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with exceptionally low dark current! Furthermore, due to a new MFR coating technique applied to this filter, it can be used on all instruments up to f/4 without sacrificing efficiency.
This filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters, a quality shared by all filters made by Astronomik. Even though it's only 1 mm thick, the Astronomik 31 mm OIII 6 nm Filter is remarkably resistant to damage caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity. This filter is also diffraction limited to prevent any reduction in your telescope's optical performance. As with all Astronomik filters, the 31 mm OIII 6 nm filter is delivered with a long-lasting plastic storage case of supreme quality.