- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 36 mm Round - OIIICCD6-36
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 36 mm
- Made specifically for astrophotography, this Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter is presented in a 36 mm round cell
- OIII line transmission is nearly 100%
- Close to 6 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Best-suited for planetary nebulae and supernova remnant imaging
- This filter features multi-layer coatings for high resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited to sustain the current optical performance level of your telescope
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing supreme quality optics!
- Ideally equipped for instruments with a minimum of 6" aperture
More About the Astronomik 36 mm OIII 6 nm CCD Filter
Whether imaging under ideally dark conditions, or in a heavily populated area with strong light pollution, for OIII emission line nebulae astrophotography, the Astronomik 6 nm OIII CCD is the optimal filter. Offers complete obstruction of artificial light sources such as mercury and sodium vapor, the principle light pollution culprits, along with natural skyglow and moonshine. This greatly highlights the contrast between OIII line (501 nm) objects and the sky background. With this OIII CCD filter, your imaging potential is significantly improved as greenish and blueish objects can now be photographed.
A substantial increase in contrast is evident due to this filter's combination of a 6 nm narrow bandwidth and a typical 96% transmission that fully blocks undesired light from alternative wavelengths from UV up to IR. A smaller 6 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) enables this filter to provide a higher contrast enhancement than what you'd experience from a 12 nm filter. A significantly dark background is the result.
For imaging dim objects in regions of the Milky Way that are heavily crowded with stars, or for viewing in a severely light polluted environment, the OIII CCD Filter from Astronomik is a fitting selection. The 6 nm FWHM is matched to enable excellent performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with extremely low dark current! The OIII 6 nm CCD also features new MFR coatings, allowing for use with all instruments up to f/4 with no loss in performance.
Like all Astronomik filters, the 31 mm OIII 6 nm CCD Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Although its thickness is a miniscule 1 mm, this filter is still highly resistant to potential damage that scratching, aging, and high humidity can inflict. Diffraction limited to avoid lessening the optical performance of your telescope. Astronomik filters are delivered in a durable plastic storage container of superior quality.