- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 42 mm Round - OIIICCD6-42
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 42 mm
- This OIII 6 nm CCD Filter from Astronomik comes in a 42 mm round cell and is expressly designed for astrophotography
- Close to 100% OIII line transmission
- FWHM bandwidth of approximately 6 nm
- Works best for planteary nebula and supernova remnant imaging
- Multi-layer coatings make this filter fully resistant to the deteriorating impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will maintain your telescope's current optical performance level
- German-designed for excellent optical quality!
- An optimal fit for telescopes with 6" apertures and larger
More About Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filters
Whether working from an optimally dark site or in severe light pollution, this OIII CCD filter from Astronomik is ideal for OIII nebulae imaging. Provides full blockage of artificial light pollution such as high and low pressure sodium and mercury lights, natural airglow, and light from the Moon. Contrast between objects in the OIII line (501 nm) and the background will become abundantly clear. In addition, OIII filters enable much broader imaging capabilities as green and blue objects can now be imaged.A substantial increase in contrast is evident due to this filter's combination of a 6 nm narrow bandwidth and a typical 96% transmission that fully blocks undesired light from alternative wavelengths from UV up to IR. A smaller 6 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) enables this filter to provide a higher contrast enhancement than what you'd experience from a 12 nm filter. A significantly dark background is the result. Astronomik OIII Filters are the perfect choice for viewing under extremely light polluted conditions as well as for imaging faint targets in parts of the Milky with densely crowded stars. 6 nm FWHM is matched to provide superior performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with exceptionally low dark current! Furthermore, due to a new MFR coating technique applied to this filter, it can be used on all instruments up to f/4 without sacrificing efficiency. Like all Astronomik filters, the 42 mm OIII 6 nm CCD Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Although its thickness is a miniscule 1 mm, this filter is still highly resistant to potential damage that scratching, aging, and high humidity can inflict. Diffraction limited to avoid lessening the optical performance of your telescope. Astronomik filters are delivered in a durable plastic storage container of superior quality.