- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - M52 Round Mounted - OIIICCD6-M52
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - M52
- Presented in a round, M52 threaded cell, this Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter is made especially for astrophotography
- Offers nearly complete OIII line transmission
- Approximately 6 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Optimally suited for supernova and planetary nebula remnant astro-imaging
- Multi-layer coatings prevent scratching as well as damage from aging and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not reduce your telescope's optical performance
- Made in Germany, a country known for their superior quality optics!
- Works best with 6" or more aperture instruments
More About Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filters
OIII CCD filters are ideal for imaging OIII nebulae from dark as well as heavily light polluted viewing locations. This filter offers complete obstruction of unwanted light sources such as artificial light pollution, natural skyglow, and moonlight. Light from high and low pressure sodium and mercury lights, common light pollution culprits, as well as all lines of natural airglow are fully blocked. It highlights the tremendous contrast between objects glowing at 501 nm and the sky background. Using an OIII filter will broaden your imaging potential, as you'll gain ability to image all greenish and blueish objects.This Astronomik M52 OIII Filter incorporates a 6 nm narrow bandwidth with 96% typical transmission for a notable increase in contrast as all unwanted light from alternative wavelengths is blocked from UV up to IR. In comparison to the 12 nm OIII filter, this filter's smaller 6 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum) provides higher contrast gain. This results in an incredibly dark background. For imaging dim objects in regions of the Milky Way that are heavily crowded with stars, or for viewing in a severely light polluted environment, the OIII CCD Filter from Astronomik is a fitting selection. The 6 nm FWHM is matched to enable excellent performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with extremely low dark current! The OIII 6 nm CCD also features new MFR coatings, allowing for use with all instruments up to f/4 with no loss in performance. As with all filters from Astronomik, the 6 nm OIII is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. This filter is highly resistant to damage incurred by scratching, aging, and high humidity. Diffraction limited for preserving the optical performance of your telescope. Astronomik filters are shipped in a high quality, long-lasting plastic storage case.