- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - SC Rear Cell - OIIICCD6-SCT
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - SC Rear Cell
- Mounted in an SC rear cell, this round Astronomik 6 nm OIII CCD Filter is designed especially for astrophotography
- Transmission in the OIII line is almost 100%
- Roughly 6 nm FWHM bandwidth
- An excellent filter for photographing the remnants of both supernovae and planetary nebulae
- Multi-layer coatings safeguard this filter against potential damage caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not lessen the optical performance of your telescope
- Made in Germany, a country acclaimed for producing optics of supreme quality!
- An optimal fit for 6" and larger aperture telescopes
More About Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filters
For OIII emission line nebulae imaging from an ideally dark location or under heavily light polluted conditions, the Astronomik OIII CCD Filter offers complete impediment against mercury and sodium-vapor, the main causes of light pollution, as well as natural skyglow, and moonlight. The contrast between objects in the 501 nm doubly ionized oxygen line and the background is greatly enhanced. In addition, with this OIII 6 nm CCD Filter allows greenish and blueish targets to be photographed, considerably expanding your imaging potential.A substantial increase in contrast is evident due to this filter's combination of a 6 nm narrow bandwidth and a typical 96% transmission that fully blocks undesired light from alternative wavelengths from UV up to IR. A smaller 6 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) enables this filter to provide a higher contrast enhancement than what you'd experience from a 12 nm filter. A significantly dark background is the result. For observing from locations with severe light pollution, or for imaging faint objects in regions of the Milky Way heavily crowded with stars, the 6 nm filter is the optimal choice. The 6 nm FWHM is matched to allow maximum performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with an extremely low dark current! The Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter also features a new MFR coating technique to enable you to use a single filter on all instruments up to f/4 while maintaining their current performance level. This filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters, a quality shared by all filters made by Astronomik. Even though it's only 1 mm thick, the Astronomik OIII 6 nm SCT Rear Cell CCD Filter is remarkably resistant to damage caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity. This filter is also diffraction limited to prevent any reduction in your telescope's optical performance. As with all Astronomik filters, this 6 nm OIII CCD filter is delivered with a long-lasting plastic storage case of supreme quality.