- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII Visual Filter - 2" Round Mounted - OIII-2
Astronomik OIII Visual Filter - 2" Round Mounted
- This Astronomik OIII Filter is mounted in a round 2" cell and is best-suited for visual observation of gas and planetary nebulae
- This filter contains a transmission close to 100% in the OIII line
- FWHM bandwidth of roughly 15 nm
- Coatings help shield this filter from the impacts of scratching, aging, and humidity
- The Astronomik 2" OIII Visual Filter is diffraction limited for maintaining the optical performance of your telescope
- Works best on telescopes with an aperture of at least 6"
- German-made for superb quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 2" OIII Visual Filter
From the beginning, Astronomik's OIII visual filter has been expressly designed for gaseous and planetary nebulae observation. The severely narrow pass band of the two OIII lines produces a significant contrast gain to these lines even in the most ideal seeing environment. This filter will frequently make the difference between being able to see faint supernova remnants and planetary nebulae and missing them altogether! Therefore Astronomik OIII filters, in general terms, broaden the view of scattered objects in the entire visual field of view, and are not constricted to only the center of the eyepiece.
Because a sufficient amount of light needs to be available to employ the OIII filter, it is advantageous to use this filter with telescopes that have apertures of 6" (150 mm) or more. Instruments with smaller apertures will not capture enough light for any worthwhile astronomical output. On the other hand, many experienced deep sky observers prefer using the OIII filter in lieu of the more versatile UHC filter with apertures above 10" (250 mm). The exceptional optical quality of the Astronomik OIII filter substrate will allow you to view the same razor sharp stars you would see through the telescope you normally use.
The Astronomik OIII Visual Filter features close to 100% transmission of both OIII lines. The substrate is optically polished providing superb carrier material. As with all filters from Astronomik, this filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Includes a durable, high-quality plastic storage box.
- Over 99% transmission for either OIII line
- Obstructs undesired wavelengths in other areas of the visible spectrum