- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII Visual Filter - SC Rear Cell - OIII-SCT
Astronomik OIII Visual Filter - SC Rear Cell
- This round, SCT Rear Cell mounted Visual Filter from Astronomik is optimally suited for visual observation of gas and planetary nebulae
- Near 100% OIII line transmission
- 15 nm approx. FWHM bandwidth
- Coatings provide exceptional protection against damage caused by scratching, aging, and humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and therefore will not compromise your telescope's optical performance
- Astronomik OIII filters are best equipped for 6" aperture telescopes or more
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing high quality optics!
More About the Astronomik SC Rear Cell OIII Visual Filter
Since the beginning, Astronomik has designed their OIII filters specifically for visual observation of gaseious and planetary nebulae. Both OIII lines have extremely narrow pass bands for strong contrast gain to these lines even under the most favorable observing conditions. Frequently, the Astronomik OIII Filter will be the component necessary to enable an object such as faint vestiges of supernovae or planetary nebulae to be seen at all! This filter can therefore extend the view of scattered objects, broadly speaking, to the eyepiece's entire visual field of view, and is not limited only to the center.
Ideally, this filter should be used with telescopes featuring apertures of 6" (150 mm) or more since a sufficient amount of light is required to use it. Smaller telescopes do not accumulate enough light for any meaningful astronomical output. In fact, for 10" (250 mm) or larger aperture telescopes, many veteran deep sky observers favor using the OIII filter over the more versatile UHC filter. The incredible optical quality of the Astronomik OIII Filter substrate will enable you to see pinpoint stars identical to those you would see with your regular telescope.
Astronomik OIII Visual Filters have almost 100% transmission in each OIII line. Optically polished, the substrate provides excellent carrier material. Like all filters from Astronomik, this filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Comes with a long-lasting plastic storage container of superb quality.
- More than 99% transmission for both OIII lines
- Blocks superfluous wavelengths in other visible spectrum areas