- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP IR-Pass Filter - Sony Alpha 7 Clip - P642-SONY
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP IR-Pass Filter - Sony Alpha 7 Clip
Astronomik's most recent contribution to their ProPlanet IR-Pass line of filters, the ProPlanet 642 BP offers an extensive range of daytime IR imaging applications, along with high resolution lunar and planetary imaging, and capturing spectacular photos of objects in the H-Alpha portion of spectrum when employed for astrophotography.This filter provides a 200 nm spectral window from 642 nm to 842 nm. Unlike Astronomik's other two ProPlanet filters, the P642 blocks the longer infrared. Along with the ProPlanet 742 and 807 filters, Astronomik now gives you three choices for your IR-imaging needs. The ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the correct choice for optimal imaging.
- High contrast images with excellent color rendition
- Clear images with "wood effect"
- No hot spot from longer IR
- Short exposure times analogous to regular VIS-imaging
- Ideally suited for Infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Effective reduction in seeing
- Improved contrast
- Longer IR is blocked to remove ghosting and facilitate maximum sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Best transmission of H-alpha line at 656 nm
- Close to 40 nm FWHM with DSLR cameras that have been astro-modified
- Incredible contrast in moonlight or light polluted conditions
- Sensible pricing for casual H-Alpha imagers
- Camera display plus LiveView provides simple focusing
- 96%+ transmission for 642 nm to 842 nm wavelengths
- Blocks wavelengths in the 350 nm to 630 nm range
- Parfocal with all other filters made by Astronomik
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Fully protected from the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not reduce your telescope's optical performance
- Astronomik filters come with a long-lasting, high quality plastic storage case
- German-designed for superior optical quality!
Astronomik Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter System
Astronomik's patented Clip-Filter system has been designed from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on up-to-date modernized machines. Within seconds, it can be introduced directly into the body of a Sony Alpha 7 models 7, 7r, and 7s in MkI, MkII, and MkIII versions respectively. No adjustments are required and all lens functions like focus, screen, and image stabilization, remain operational! This Clip-Filter system also serves as an effective dust protector, keeping dust from collecting on the sensor during extended exposures.