- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Filter - 50 mm Round - P642-50R
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass Filter - 50 mm Round
The ProPlanet 642 BP is the most recent addition to Astronomik's ProPlanet IR-pass filter family. This filter offers a wide assortment of applications for daytime IR photography, high resolution imaging of the Moon and planets, and capturing gorgeous deep sky images of objects in H-alpha regions when used for astro-imaging.
A 200 nm spectral window from 642 nm to 842 nm is provided by this filter. The P642 blocks the longer infrared, as opposed to the other two Astronomik ProPlanet filters. For your IR-imaging requirements, Astronomik now offers three distinct options. The ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the proper choice for ideal imaging.
- High contrast images feature superb color rendition
- Clear "wood effect" images
- No hot spot in the longer IR
- Short exposure times, nearly identical to regular VIS-imaging
- Best-suited for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Effective reduction in seeing
- Optimized contrast
- Blocking the longer IR eliminates ghosting and enables maximum sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Best transmission of H-alpha line at 656 nm
- Close to 40 nm FWHM with astro-modified DSLR cameras
- Amazing contrast even under the light of the Moon or in heavy light pollution
- Reasonably priced filter for amateur H-alpha imagers
- Camera display coupled with LiveView allows easy focusing
- Over 96% transmission for wavelengths in the 642 nm to 842 nm range
- Obstructs wavelengths from 350 nm to 630 nm
- Parfocal with all other filters made by Astronomik
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Coatings offer full protection from the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not lessen the optical performance of your telescope
- All Astronomik filters are delivered with a durable, high quality plastic storage case