- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Filter - M52 Round Mounted - P642-M52
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass Filter - M52 Round
The most recent addition to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR-pass filter family, the ProPlanet 642 BP facilitates an extensive array of applications for daytime IR photography, high resolution Moon and planetary imaging, and taking awe-inspiring photos of deep sky targets in the H-Alpha portion of the spectrum when used for astro-imaging.This filter provides a 200 nm spectral window from 642 nm to 842 nm. Unlike Astronomik's other two ProPlanet filters, the P642-1 blocks the longer infrared. Along with the ProPlanet 742 and 807 filters, Astronomik now gives you three choices for your IR-imaging needs. The ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the correct choice for optimal imaging.
- Images boast high contrast with superb color rendition
- Clear images with "wood effect"
- No longer IR hot spot
- Short exposure times similar to common VIS-imaging
- Works best for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Effective reduction in seeing
- Optimized contrast
- Longer IR blocking eliminates ghosting and enables peak sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Excellent transmission in the H-Alpha line (656 nm)
- Roughly 40 nm FWHM with digital SLR cameras that have been astro-modified
- Incredible contrast in moonlight or light polluted conditions
- Filter is priced sensibly for H-Alpha imaging amateurs
- Easy focusing facilitated by a combination of the camera display and LiveView
- 96%+ transmission between 642 nm and 842 nm wavelengths
- Obstructs wavelengths from 350 nm to 630 nm
- Parfocal with every other Astronomik filter
- 1 mm thick glass
- Coatings insulate this filter from the damaging impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and therefore will not compromise the optical efficiency of your telescope
- Astronomik filters are delivered with a long-lasting plastic storage case of superior quality