- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Filter - SCT Rear Cell - P642-SCT
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass SCT Rear Cell Filter
The most recent addition to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR-pass filter family, the ProPlanet 642 BP facilitates an extensive array of applications for daytime IR photography, high resolution Moon and planetary imaging, and taking awe-inspiring photos of deep sky targets in the H-Alpha portion of the spectrum when used for astro-imaging.
This filter provides a 200 nm spectral window from 642 nm to 842 nm. Unlike Astronomik's other two ProPlanet filters, the P642 blocks the longer infrared. Along with the ProPlanet 742 and 807 filters, Astronomik now gives you three choices for your IR-imaging needs. The ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the correct choice for optimal imaging.
- Images have high contrast and superb color presentation
- Transparent images have "wood effect"
- No hot spot in the longer IR
- Short exposure times analogous to regular VIS-imaging
- Works best for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Effective reduction in seeing
- Optimized contrast
- Longer IR blocking eliminates ghosting and enables peak sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Excellent 656 nm H-Alpha line transmission
- Close to 40 nm FWHM with DSLR cameras that have been astro-modified
- Amazing contrast despite moonlight or severe light pollution
- Modest filter price favorable for casual H-Alpha imagers
- Easy focusing facilitated by the combination of camera display and LiveView
- Transmission for wavelengths between 642 nm and 842 nm is over 96%
- Wavelengths from 350 nm to 630 nm are obstructed
- Parfocal with all other filters carried by Astronomik
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Fully protected from the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not lower the optical performance level of your telescope
- Astronomik filters are delivered with a durable, high quality plastic storage container