- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Filter - T-Mount - P642-T
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR-Pass T-Mount Filter
Astronomik's most recent contribution to their ProPlanet IR-Pass line of filters, the ProPlanet 642 BP offers an extensive range of daytime IR imaging applications, along with high resolution lunar and planetary imaging, and capturing spectacular photos of objects in the H-Alpha portion of spectrum when employed for astrophotography.
A 200 nm spectral window from 642 nm to 842 nm is provided by this filter. The P642 blocks the longer infrared, as opposed to the other two Astronomik ProPlanet filters. For your IR-imaging requirements, Astronomik now offers three distinct options. The ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the proper choice for ideal imaging.
- Images feature high contrast and superior color presentation
- Clear images with "wood effect"
- No hot spot in the longer IR
- Short exposure times analogous to normal VIS-imaging
- Best-suited for infrared videos
High Resolution Lunar & Planetary Imaging:
- Short exposure times
- Effective seeing decrease
- Improved contrast
- Longer IR obstruction removes ghosting and allows peak sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Best H-alpha line transmission at 656 nm
- FWHM of about 40 nm with astro-modified Digital SLR cameras
- Amazing contrast in moonlight or in heavily light polluted conditions
- Filter is priced sensibly for H-Alpha imaging amateurs
- Camera display plus LiveView enables simple focusing
- 96%+ transmission for 642 nm to 842 nm wavelengths
- Blocks 350 nm to 630 nm wavelengths
- Parfocal with any other filter carried by Astronomik
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Offers complete insulation from the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not reduce your telescope's optical performance
- Astronomik filters come with a durable, high quality plastic filter case