- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Pass Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter - P642-NIKXL
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 IR Filter - Nikon XL Full Frame Clip
The P642 IR-Pass Filter offers a 200 nm spectral window between 642 nm and 842 nm. As opposed to the other two Astronomik ProPlanet filters, the P642 blocks the longer infrared. Astronomik is now providing users with three separate options for their IR-imaging needs, this P642 filter as well as their other two ProPlanet filters, the 742 and 807. For best imaging, the ProPlanet 642 will frequently be the ideal choice.
The most recent addition to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR-pass filter family, the ProPlanet 642 BP facilitates an extensive array of applications for daytime IR photography, high resolution Moon and planetary imaging, and taking awe-inspiring photos of deep sky targets in the H-Alpha portion of the spectrum when used for astro-imaging.
- Images feature high contrast and superior color presentation
- Transparent images with "wood effect"
- No hot spot in the longer IR
- Short exposure times, nearly identical to regular VIS-imaging
- Optimally equipped for infrared videos
- Short exposure times
- Effective decrease in seeing
- Optimized contrast
- Longer IR obstruction removes ghosting and allows peak sharpness
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-Alpha Regions:
- Best H-alpha line transmission at 656 nm
- FWHM of approximately 40 nm with DSLR cameras that have been astro-modified
- Spectacular contrast in moonlight or with severe light pollution
- Reasonably priced filter for amateur H-alpha imagers
- Easy focusing facilitated by the combination of camera display and LiveView
- More than 96% transmission for the 642 nm to 842 nm wavelength range
- Obstructs wavelengths from 350 nm to 630 nm
- Parfocal with all other filters made by Astronomik
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Fully resistant to the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and thus will not compromise the optical performance of your telescope
- Astronomik filters are delivered with a durable plastic storage case of superb quality
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System Compatibility
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D800 and D810. All manual lenses and T-adapters work fine!
- Nikon full frame cameras that are not listed above have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL Clip Filter will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors or with the new mirrorless models.