- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter - Sony Alpha 7 Clip - P742-SONY
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter - Sony Alpha 7 Clip
- Compatible with Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s model cameras in all three Mk versions, this Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter in Sony Alpha 7 Clip format is an ideal fit for video imaging or CCD astrophotography of the Moon and planets as well as deep sky objects
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to give users the optical performance they need for planetary imaging with 5" to 8" aperture telescopes
- This filter allows only Infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm to pass through
- Atmospheric turbulence will not afflict planetary images since they are formed from IR light
- Multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters provide protection from the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- German-made for superior optical quality!
More About Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filters
Ideal for video imaging of the Moon and planets, particularly Mars, with 6" (150 mm) or more aperture telescopes, Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass filters only permit the transmittance of infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm. In this part of the spectrum, seeing effects are substantially lower than in the visible spectrum of the human eye. This enables considerably sharper images than can be typically obtained from your device and location. Another benefit of the ProPlanet 742 IR is the dark sky background of advanced dawn, enabling lunar and planetary photography even at daybreak.The Astronomik ProPlanet 742 cuts off the visible part of the spectrum and allows only the light of wavelengths longer then 742 nm to pass. This results in significant improvements in lunar and planetary image results. Images are more steady than the image in visible light, with nearly identical required exposure times. The Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Filter is also parfocal with other Astronomik filters. Along with video capture and CCD astrophotography, this P742 IR filter also facilitates gorgeous terrestrial photography. When this Sony Alpha 7 P742 filter model is used in an MC modified Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s Digital SLR camera models, you'll be able to achieve exceptional results for nature imaging. This filter blocks the area of the spectrum where chlorophyll appears green, and displays its high reflectiveness in the near infrared. Photographing trees in the spring and summer months under blue skies gives you amazing images with trees and clouds that appear white ahead of a almost black background.
Astronomik Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter System
Made from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut using ultra modern machinery, this patented Astronomik Clip-Filter can be directly inserted into the camera body of MkI, MkII, and MkIII versions of Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s models in just seconds. No modifications are required and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to be operational! In addition, this system also serves as a dust protector, preventing dust from accumulating on your sensor during long exposures.
- 96%+ transmission for 742 nm to 1100 nm wavelengths
- Rejects undesirable wavelengths in the 350 nm to 730 nm range