- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Filter - Nikon XL Full Frame Clip - P742-NIKXL
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Filter - Nikon XL Full Frame Clip
- This Nikon XL Full Frame Clip formatted Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter was designed specifically for planetary imaging using telescopes with apertures between 5" and 8"
- Made to the highest technical standards in order to provide the desired optical performance users require for imaging planets
- Successfully tested with Nikon D800, D810, and D850 full frame DSLR camera models.
- No adjustments or tools are required for use as this filter, which firmly rests in the camera with no stress, can be both connected and disconnected using only ones finger.
- With this filter, only Infrared emissions with wavelengths of more than 742 nm are allowed to be transmitted
- Since the image is assembled from IR light, planets are not affected by atmospheric turbulence
- Multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters help insulate them from damage caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing superior quality optics!
More About Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filters
Ideal for video imaging of the Moon and planets, particularly Mars, with 6" (150 mm) or more aperture telescopes, Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass filters only permit the transmittance of infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm. In this part of the spectrum, seeing effects are substantially lower than in the visible spectrum of the human eye. This enables considerably sharper images than can be typically obtained from your device and location. Another benefit of the ProPlanet 742 IR is the dark sky background of advanced dawn, enabling lunar and planetary photography even at daybreak.While the P742 filter is allowing light from wavelengths over 742 nm to pass through, it is also fully blocking the visible portion of the spectrum at the same time. This optimizes both lunar and planetary images considerably. Steadiness improves over the image taken in visible light, with nearly identical exposure times needed. And, like all Astronomik filters, the ProPlanet IR 742 is parfocal with all other filters carried by Astronomik. Lunar and planetary astrophotography is not the P742 IR filter's only purpose as it also enables incredible results in nature photography. When the EOS-Clip P742 filter model is used in an MC modified Digital SLR camera, you'll be able to achieve some exceptional terrestrial photography. This filter eliminates the area of the spectrum where chlorophyll appears green while displaying its high near infrared reflectiveness. Photographing trees in the spring and summer under blue skies gives you spectacular images with trees and clouds that appear white ahead of a near black background.
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System Compatibility
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D800, D810 and the D850, although some customers are reporting error messages when used in a D850 with AF lenses. All manual lenses and T-adapters work fine!
- Nikon full frame cameras that are not listed above have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL Clip Filter will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors or with the new mirrorless models.
- More than 96% transmission for wavelengths in the 742 nm to 1100 nm range
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths between 350 nm and 730 nm