- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Pass EOS Clip Filter - P742-EOS
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass EOS Clip Filter
- Expressly designed for imaging planets, this Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter comes in an EOS APS Clip format
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to give users the optical performance they need for imaging planets with 5" to 8" aperture telescopes
- Astronomik's ProPlanet 742 IR Filter only permits infrared light with wavelengths over 742 nm to be transmitted through to the image
- Because the image will be formed from IR light, the planetary images will be less affected by atmospheric turbulence
- Astronomik filters feature multi-layer coatings to insulate them from the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing superior quality optics!
More About the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR EOS Clip Filter
For capturing stunning images of the Moon and planets, specifically Mars, with telescopes that have apertures of 6" (150 mm) or higher, the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter is the optimal choice. Only infrared light with wavelengths over 742 nm is allowed to pass through. Seeing effects are substantially reduced in this area of the spectrum versus the visual spectrum of the human eye. This results in images that are significantly sharper than what could typically be achieved from your device and location. Another advantage of the ProPlanet 742 IR is that it still facilitates a dark sky background even in late dawn. This allows lunar and planetary photography to continue even at daybreak.
The Astronomik ProPlanet 742 cuts off the visible part of the spectrum and allows the light of wavelengths longer then 742 nm to pass. This results in a big improvement in images of planets and the Moon. Images are more steady than the image in visible light, with nearly identical required exposure times. The Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Filter is also parfocal with other Astronomik filters.
In addition to astrophotography, this IR filter allows you to get stunning results in nature photography. If an EOS-Clip Filter is used in an MC modified DSLR you get tremendous results imaging the flora. The filter cuts off the part of the spectrum where chlorophyll looks green, and shows its high reflectivity in the near infrared. If trees are photographed in spring and summer under blue skies, you get stunning images with white appearing trees and clouds in front of a nearly black background.
Astronomik Clip Filter System
Astronomik's patented Clip-Filter system has been designed from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on up-to-date modernized machines. Within seconds, it can be introduced directly into the EOS camera body. No adjustments are required and all lens functions like focus, screen, and image stabilization, remain operational! With the exception of the EF-S series, all Canon system lenses plus all M42 and T2 lens adapters are useable with the Astronomik Clip-Filter system. This Clip-Filter also serves as an effective dust protector, keeping dust from collecting on the sensor during extended exposures.
- 96%+ transmission for wavelengths between 742 nm and 1100 nm
- Blocks undesired wavelengths from 350 nm to 730 nm