- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Pass Filter - 1.25" - P742-1
Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter - 1.25"
- This 1.25" machined cell mounted Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Filter is designed especially for planetary astrophotography
- Made with regards to the highest technical guidelines to provide the optical performance required for planetary imaging with telescopes featuring apertures in the 5" to 8" range
- Astronomik's ProPlanet IR 742 Filter only permits infrared light with wavelengths over 742 nm to be transmitted through to the image
- Because the image is formed from IR light, planets will not be as afflicted by atmospheric turbulence
- All Astronomik filters have multi-layer coatings to protect them from damage caused by scratching, aging, and humidity
- Made in Germany, a country renowned for high optical quality!
More About the Astronomik 1.25" ProPlanet IR 742 Filter
Ideal for imaging the Moon and planets, particularly Mars, with 6" (150 mm) or more aperture telescopes, Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 filters only permit the transmittance of infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm. In this part of the spectrum, seeing effects are substantially lower than in the visible spectrum of the human eye. This enables considerably sharper images than can be typically obtained from your device and location. Another benefit of the ProPlanet IR 742 is the dark sky background of advanced dawn, enabling lunar and planetary photography even at daybreak.
By simultaneously allowing only light from wavelengths longer than 742 nm to pass while completely suppressing the visible area of the spectrum, the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter greatly enhances images of the Moon and planets. Images are more steady compared to the image in visible light, with close to the same necessary exposure times. Additionally, the ProPlanet IR 742 is parfocal with all other filters made by Astronomik.
In addition to astrophotography, this IR filter allows you to get stunning results in nature photography. If an EOS-Clip Filter is used in an MC modified DSLR you get tremendous results imaging the flora. The filter cuts off the part of the spectrum where chlorophyll looks green, and shows its high reflectivity in the near infrared. If trees are photographed in spring and summer under blue skies, you get stunning images with white appearing trees and clouds in front of a nearly black background.
- Over 96% transmission for 742 nm to 1100 nm wavelengths
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths between 350 nm and 730 nm