- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter - 27 mm Round - P742-27
Astronomik 27 mm Round ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter
- This 27 mm Round ProPlanet 742 IR Filter from Astronomik is an ideal fit for video imaging or CCD astrophotography of the Moon and planets as well as deep sky objects
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to give users the optical performance they need for planetary imaging with 5" to 8" aperture telescopes
- With this filter, only Infrared emissions with wavelengths of more than 742 nm are allowed to be transmitted
- Planetary images will not be impaired by atmospheric turbulence due to being formed from IR light
- All Astronomik filters have multi-layer coatings for protection against deterioration brought about by the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- German-designed for high optical quality!
More About Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filters
This Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Filter is perfect for video imaging of the Moon and planets, especially Mars, when used with a telescope that has an aperture of 6" (150 mm) or more. The P742 filter only allows infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm pass through. In this spectral region, seeing effects are significantly reduced compared to the visible spectrum of the human eye. This increases image sharpness over what could usually be obtained given your device and location. The ProPlanet IR 742 also provides a dark sky background well into dawn, allowing photography of the Moon and planets even as the Sun is coming up.While the P742 filter is allowing light from wavelengths over 742 nm to pass through, it is also fully blocking the visible portion of the spectrum at the same time. This optimizes both lunar and planetary images considerably. Steadiness improves over the image taken in visible light, with nearly identical exposure times needed. And, like all Astronomik filters, the ProPlanet IR 742 is parfocal with all other filters carried by Astronomik. Along with video capture and CCD astrophotography, this P742 IR filter also facilitates gorgeous terrestrial photography. When this P742 filter is used in an MC modified Digital SLR camera, you'll be able to achieve exceptional results for nature imaging. This filter blocks the area of the spectrum where chlorophyll appears green, and displays its high reflectiveness in the near infrared. Photographing trees in the spring and summer months under blue skies gives you amazing images with trees and clouds that appear white ahead of a almost black background.
- 96%+ transmission for 742 nm to 1100 nm wavelengths
- Rejects unwanted 350 nm to 730 nm wavelengths