- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter - 50 mm Square - P742-50SQ
Astronomik 50 mm Square ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter
- This 50 mm Square ProPlanet 742 IR Filter from Astronomik is an optimal fit for both video imaging and CCD astrophotography of planets
- Made with regards to the highest technical principles to provide the optical performance required for video or CCD imaging of the Moon and planets with 5" to 8" aperture instruments
- This filter permits the transmission of only infrared light emissions with wavelengths longer than 742 nm
- Since images are created from IR light, atmospheric turbulence will have less of an affect on planetary images
- Astronomik filters all feature multi-layer coatings to prevent them from the potentially damaging impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing superior quality optics!
More About Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filters
Ideal for video imaging of the Moon and planets, particularly Mars, with 6" (150 mm) or more aperture telescopes, Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass filters only permit the transmittance of infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm. In this part of the spectrum, seeing effects are substantially lower than in the visible spectrum of the human eye. This enables considerably sharper images than can be typically obtained from your device and location. Another benefit of the ProPlanet 742 IR is the dark sky background of advanced dawn, enabling lunar and planetary photography even at daybreak.While the P742 filter is allowing light from wavelengths over 742 nm to pass through, it is also fully blocking the visible portion of the spectrum at the same time. This optimizes both lunar and planetary images considerably. Steadiness improves over the image taken in visible light, with nearly identical exposure times needed. And, like all Astronomik filters, the ProPlanet IR 742 is parfocal with all other filters carried by Astronomik. Video capture and CCD astro-imaging of the Moon and planets is not the P742 IR filter's only purpose as it also enables incredible terrestrial photography results. If the P742 filter is employed in an MC modified DSLR camera, you'll obtain excellent results imaging nature. It eliminates the portion of the spectrum where chlorophyll looks green, and shows its high near infrared reflectiveness. When taking photographs of trees in the spring and summer under clear skies, the resulting image is striking. Trees and clouds are displayed as white in front of an almost completely dark background.
- Transmits over 96% of wavelengths from 742 nm to 1100 nm
- Blocks unwanted 350 nm to 730 nm wavelengths