- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter - M52 Round Mounted - P742-M52
Astronomik M52 Threaded ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter
- This M52 threaded Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter is designed especially for planetary astrophotography
- Designed with regards to the highest technical principles in order to enable the optical performance necessary for imaging planets using telescopes with apertures between 5" and 8"
- Only infrared light with wavelengths longer than 742 nm is allowed to pass through to the image
- Because the image will be formed from IR light, the planetary images will be less affected by atmospheric turbulence
- Multi-layer coatings provide insulation from the damaging impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- German-designed for superb optical quality!
More About Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filters
The Astronomik ProPlanet 742 is the ideal filter for imaging the Moon and planets, notably Mars, with telescopes from 6" (150 mm) aperture and up. The planet IR Pro 742 only allows infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm to pass. In this wavelength range the effects of seeing are significantly lower than in the visible spectrum. This allows much sharper images than are usually obtained from your device and location. Another advantage is that the sky background of advanced dawn is dark and so the filter even allows photography of the planets and the Moon during daylight.The Astronomik P742 filter offers tremendous enhancement of lunar and planetary images by simultaneously obstructing visible light while permitting only emissions from wavelengths longer than 742 nm to be transmitted through to the image. Compared to the image in visible light, this image is more steady with exposure times that are nearly identical. Furthermore, like all filters offered by Astronomik, the ProPlanet IR 742 is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. In addition to video imaging and CCD astrophotography, this IR filter allows you to get stunning results in nature photography. If this filter is used in an MC modified DSLR you get tremendous results imaging the flora. The filter cuts off the part of the spectrum where chlorophyll looks green, and shows its high reflectivity in the near infrared. If trees are photographed in spring and summer under blue skies, you get stunning images with white appearing trees and clouds in front of a nearly black background.
- Transmits more than 96% of 742 nm to 1100 nm wavelengths
- Rejects unwanted wavelengths in the 350 nm to 730 nm range