- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Pass Filter - SCT Rear Cell - P742-SCT
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass SCT Rear Cell Filter
- Presented in a round SCT rear cell threaded format, this Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Filter is best suited for CCD astrophotography as well as webcam or video capture of planets
- Created to the highest technical standards for the high optical performance you want and need for imaging planets with approximately 5" to 8" aperture telescopes
- With the ProPlanet 742 IR Filter from Astronomik, only infrared emissions with wavelengths of more than 742 nm are allowed to be transmitted
- Since images are created from IR light, atmospheric turbulence will have less of an affect on planetary images
- All Astronomik filters have multi-layer coatings to protect them from damage caused by scratching, aging, and humidity
- German-made for excellent optical quality!
More About Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filters
This Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Filter is perfect for lunar and planetary imaging, especially Mars, when used with a telescope that has an aperture of 6" (150 mm) or more. The P742 filter only allows infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm pass through. In this spectral region, seeing effects are significantly reduced compared to the visible spectrum of the human eye. This increases image sharpness over what could usually be obtained given your device and location. The ProPlanet IR 742 also provides a dark sky background well into dawn, allowing photography of the Moon and planets even as the Sun is coming up.By simultaneously allowing only light from wavelengths longer than 742 nm to pass while completely suppressing the visible area of the spectrum, the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter greatly enhances images of the Moon and planets. Images are more steady compared to the image in visible light, with close to the same necessary exposure times. Additionally, the ProPlanet IR 742 is parfocal with all other filters made by Astronomik. Astro-imaging of the Moon and planets is not the P742 IR filter's only purpose as it also enables incredible terrestrial photography results. If the EOS-Clip P742 filter model is employed in an MC modified DSLR camera, you'll obtain excellent results imaging nature. It eliminates the portion of the spectrum where chlorophyll looks green, and shows its high near infrared reflectiveness. When taking photographs of trees in the spring and summer under clear skies, the resulting image is striking. Trees and clouds are displayed as white in front of an almost completely dark background.
- Over 96% transmission for wavelengths between 742 nm and 1100 nm
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths in the 350 nm to 730 nm range