- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Pass Pentax K1 Clip Filter - P742-PENTAX
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR Filter - Pentax K1 Clip
- Made specifically for planetary imaging, this ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter comes in a Pentax K-1 clip format
- Compatible with Pentax K-1 MkI and MkII DSLR camera models
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to give users the optical performance they need for imaging planets with 5" to 8" aperture telescopes
- With the ProPlanet 742 IR Filter from Astronomik, only infrared emissions with wavelengths of more than 742 nm are allowed to be transmitted
- Because images are formed from IR light, planets will be less affected by atmospheric turbulence
- Multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters provide protection from the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing high quality optics!
More About Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filters
Ideal for video imaging of the Moon and planets, particularly Mars, with 6" (150 mm) or more aperture telescopes, Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass filters only permit the transmittance of infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm. In this part of the spectrum, seeing effects are substantially lower than in the visible spectrum of the human eye. This enables considerably sharper images than can be typically obtained from your device and location. Another benefit of the ProPlanet 742 IR is the dark sky background of advanced dawn, enabling lunar and planetary photography even at daybreak.By simultaneously allowing only light from wavelengths longer than 742 nm to pass while completely suppressing the visible area of the spectrum, the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter greatly enhances images of the Moon and planets. Images are more steady compared to the image in visible light, with close to the same necessary exposure times. Additionally, the ProPlanet IR 742 is parfocal with all other filters made by Astronomik. Video capture and CCD astro-imaging of the Moon and planets is not the P742 IR filter's only purpose as it also enables incredible terrestrial photography results. If the P742 filter is employed in an MC modified DSLR camera, you'll obtain excellent results imaging nature. It eliminates the portion of the spectrum where chlorophyll looks green, and shows its high near infrared reflectiveness. When taking photographs of trees in the spring and summer under clear skies, the resulting image is striking. Trees and clouds are displayed as white in front of an almost completely dark background.
Astronomik Pentax K-1 Clip Filter System
Compatible with Pentax K1 and K1 Mk II digital SLR cameras, this Pentax K1 clip filter is the newest member of the Astronomik clip filter family. Does not support camera models with APS-C sensors! Astronomik clip filters are designed to be used with traditional camera lenses for use with telescopes.
- 96+% transmission for wavelengths of 742 nm to 1100 nm
- Blocks unnecessary wavelengths from 350 nm to 730 nm