- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR Filter - Nikon XL Full Frame Clip - P807-NIKXL
Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR-Pass Filter
For imaging the Moon and planets using larger than 10" (250 mm) aperture telescopes, the Astronomik P807 is the perfect complement to Astronomik's ProPlanet 742 IR filter when seeing conditions are poor. Additionally, this filter can be used in conjunction with the P742 for use with converted DSLR and CCD cameras, as well as Webcams. Viewing effects are clearly reduced. This is your key to previously uncharted lunar and planetary astrophotography territory.Infrared light from wavelengths longer than 807 nm is exclusively allowed to be transmitted with the Astronomik ProPlanet 807 filter. Unfavorable seeing effects are significantly lessened in this range versus the visible spectrum of the human eye. This greatly enhances image sharpness and steadiness over what could normally be achieved given your device and location. Additionally, with this filter, you'll enjoy a dark sky background well into dawn for daylight Moon and planetary photography.
Astronomik ProPlanet IR 807 Nikon XL Clip Filter Highlights
- Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR-Pass Filters are specifically designed to assist the ProPlanet 742 IR filter when viewing conditions are considerably unfavorable and larger telescopes with 10" and larger apertures are being used.
- With its Nikon XL full frame clip format, this filter is suitable for use with Nikon D800, D810, and D850 full frame digital SLR cameras.
- Fitting securely and comfortably in the camera, this filter can be attached and removed using only your finger with no tools or modifications needed for use
- Compared with P742 imaging or visible light, the Astronomik ProPlanet 807 doubles exposure times for most cameras
- Provides a dark background at both dawn and dusk
- Makes daytime imaging of bright planets, stars, and comets, as well as young stars in dust clouds and stellar nurseries possible
- Permits 97% transmission of wavelengths from 807 nm to 1100 nm while, at the same time, blocking wavelengths from 350 nm to 790 nm
- Parfocal with every other Astronomik filter
- Glass thickness of 1 mm
- Coatings enable full resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Astronomik filters are shipped with a durable plastic storage container of supreme quality
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System Compatibility
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D800, D810 and the D850, although some customers are reporting error messages when used in a D850 with AF lenses. All manual lenses and T-adapters work fine!
- Nikon full frame cameras that are not listed above have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL Clip Filter will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors or with the new mirrorless models.
- Greater than 97% transmission for wavelengths between 807 nm and 1100 nm
- Rejects unnecessary wavelengths in the 350 nm to 790 nm range