- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR Pass EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter - P807-EOSXL
Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR-Pass EOS XL Clip Filter
When using an instrument with an aperture of 10" (250 mm) or more in unfavorable viewing conditions, this Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR-Pass Filter makes the perfect complement to the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter. Furthermore, the P807 can also combine with the P742 for use with converted DSLR and CCD cameras, as well as Webcams. Negative seeing effects are distinctly reduced. This is your key to an entirely new world of lunar and planetary astro-imaging.
The ProPlanet 807 Filter from Astronomik only lets 807 nm or higher wavelengths of infrared light pass. Negative viewing effects are substantially reduced in this range as opposed to the visual spectrum of the human eye. This considerably improves image sharpness and steadiness compared to what your device and location could typically achieve. Furthermore, this filter provides a dark sky background even at advanced dawn for lunar and planetary photography sessions that last well into morning.
Astronomik ProPlanet IR 807 Filter Highlights
- The Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR filter is specifically designed to be used in conjunction with the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR when seeing is excessively bad and a larger telescope is being employed
- Enables twice the exposure time for the majority of cameras compared to imaging with the P742 or in visible light
- Delivers a dark background at both dawn and dusk
- Bright planets, stars, comets, as well as young dust clouds and stellar nurseries can be imaged during the day with the Astronomik P807 Filter
- Simultaneously allows 97% of wavelengths between 807 nm and 1100 to be transmitted while obstructed wavelengths between 350 nm and 790 nm
- Parfocal with all other filters from Astronomik
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Coatings provide full resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Astronomik filters are shipped with a durable plastic storage case of superior quality
- Made in Germany, a country known for the superior quality of their optics
- Compatible with Canon full frame 5D MK II, 5D MK III, and 6D DSLR cameras
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
Astronomik Full Frame Clip-Filter System
Astronomik's proprietary Clip-Filter system is made of black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most up-to-date machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to work with Canon DSLR cameras with full format bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This Clip-Filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body using only your fingers in a matter of seconds. Removal is also quick and easy. No tools or adjustments needed and all lens operations like focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to function normally! In addition, during long exposures, Astronomik's Clip-Filter system keeps dust at bay so it doesn't gather on your sensor.Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.