- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR Pass Filter - 36 mm Round - P807-36
Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR-Pass Filter - 36 mm
When using an instrument with an aperture of 10" (250 mm) or more in unfavorable viewing conditions, this Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR-Pass Filter makes the perfect complement to the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter. Furthermore, the P807 can also combine with the P742 for use with converted DSLR and CCD cameras, as well as Webcams. Negative seeing effects are distinctly reduced. This is your key to an entirely new world of lunar and planetary astro-imaging.
With this filter, the only light permitted to pass through is light from wavelengths of 807 nm or longer. Adverse seeing effects are reduced considerably in this range versus the visual spectrum of the human eye. This greatly enhances image sharpness and steadiness compared to what your device and location could typically realize. Moreover, the ProPlanet 807 delivers a dark sky background well into dawn so you can keep imaging the Moon and planets even as the Sun is coming up.
Astronomik ProPlanet IR 807 Filter Highlights
- Designed especially for the purpose of complementing the ProPlanet 742 IR Filter in bad seeing conditions when a telescope with an aperture of 10" or more is being employed.
- Compared with P742 imaging or visible light, the Astronomik ProPlanet 807 doubles exposure times for most cameras
- Delivers a dark background at both dawn and dusk
- Daytime imaging of bright planets, stars, and comets, as well as young stars in dust clouds and stellar nurseries is possible with this filter
- Allows 97% of 807 nm to 1100 nm wavelengths to be transmitted while obstructing 350 nm to 790 nm wavelengths at the same time
- Parfocal with any other filter Astronomik carries
- Glass thickness: 1 mm
- Coatings provide full resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Astronomik filters are delivered with a durable, supreme quality plastic storage case