- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR Pass Filter - 42 mm Round - P807-42
Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR-Pass Filter
When using an instrument with an aperture of 10" (250 mm) or more in unfavorable viewing conditions, this Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR-Pass Filter makes the perfect complement to the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Filter. Furthermore, the P807 can also combine with the P742 for use with converted DSLR and CCD cameras, as well as Webcams. Negative seeing effects are distinctly reduced. This is your key to an entirely new world of lunar and planetary astro-imaging.The ProPlanet 807 Filter from Astronomik only lets 807 nm or higher wavelengths of infrared light pass. Negative viewing effects are substantially reduced in this range as opposed to the visual spectrum of the human eye. This considerably improves image sharpness and steadiness compared to what your device and location could typically achieve. Furthermore, this filter provides a dark sky background even at advanced dawn for lunar and planetary photography sessions that last well into morning.
Astronomik 42 mm ProPlanet IR 807 Filter Highlights
- Specifically designed for use in conjunction with the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 when seeing is excessively bad and a larger telescope of 10" aperture or more is being used
- Exposure times for most cameras is doubled compared to P742 imaging or in visible light
- Dark background enabled at both dawn and dusk
- Allows daylight imaging of bright planets, stars, and comets, as well as young stars in dust clouds and stellar nurseries.
- Permits 97% transmission of wavelengths from 807 nm to 1100 nm while, at the same time, blocking wavelengths from 350 nm to 790 nm
- Parfocal with every other filter offered by Astronomik
- 1 mm thick glass
- Coatings prevent this filter from being damaged by the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Astronomik filters arrive with a long-lasting, superb quality plastic storage container
- 97%+ transmission for wavelengths in the 807 nm to 1100 nm range
- Obstructs unwanted 350 nm to 790 nm wavelengths