- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik ProPlanet IR - 742 Filter - 2" Round Mounted - P742-2
Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter - 2" Round Mounted
Why We Like the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 Filter - 2" Round Mounted
- This Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter is designed specifically for astrophotography of the planets and is mounted in a 2" machined cell
- This Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter is made to the highest technical standards to provide the high optical performance you want and need for planetary imaging with telescopes of between approximately 5" to 8" in aperture
- The Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter only allows infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm to pass through to the image
- Because the image will be formed from IR light, the planetary images will be less affected by atmospheric turbulence
- The multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters protect them well against scratching, aging, and humidity
- Made in Germany, a country renowned for their optical quality!
More About the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter - 2" Round Mounted
The Astronomik ProPlanet 742 is the ideal filter for imaging the Moon and planets, notably Mars, with telescopes from 6" (150 mm) aperture and up. The planet IR Pro 742 only allows infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm to pass. In this wavelength range the effects of seeing are significantly lower than in the visible spectrum. This allows much sharper images than are usually obtained from your device and location. Another advantage is that the sky background of advanced dawn is dark and so the filter even allows photography of the planets and the Moon during daylight.
The Astronomik ProPlanet 742 cuts off the visible part of the spectrum and allows the light of wavelengths longer then 742 nm to pass. This results in a big improvement in images of planets and the Moon. Images are more steady than the image in visible light, with nearly identical required exposure times. The Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 Filter is also parfocal with other Astronomik filters.
In addition to astrophotography, this IR filter allows you to get stunning results in nature photography. If an EOS-Clip Filter is used in an MC modified DSLR you get tremendous results imaging the flora. The filter cuts off the part of the spectrum where chlorophyll looks green, and shows its high reflectivity in the near infrared. If trees are photographed in spring and summer under blue skies, you get stunning images with white appearing trees and clouds in front of a nearly black background.
- 96+% transmission for wavelengths of 742 nm to 1100 nm
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths between 350 nm and 730 nm