- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - 36 mm - SII-36
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - 36 mm
- Astronomik SII CCD Filters are made for CCD photography with this particular model presented in a thin 36 mm threaded round cell
- Made to the highest technical standards to provide the optical efficiency necessary to execute deep sky imaging applications with your CCD camera
- Ionized sulfur (SII) light is allowed to be transmitted while the whole remainder of the visual spectrum plus IR is blocked
- FWHM bandwidth of approximately 12 nm
- An ideal filter for planetary nebulae and supernovae remnant imaging
- German-made for superior optical quality!
More About the Astronomik 36 mm SII 12 nm CCD Filter
This 36 mm Round SII CCD Filter from Astronomik is the ultimate narrowband imaging filter. For common CCD cameras, this filter's 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) is ideal as it allows extremely fast optics to be employed. The f/number application range is between 1:2.8 and 1:15. Astronomik filters only experience transmission losses and chromatic distortions when severely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are involved, whereas they arise much more frequently with other filters. An additonal advantage of 12 nm filters is the enhanced guide star availability for cameras with an integrated autoguider. The Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter has a transmission of up to 99%.
A great filter for coping with heavy light pollution, the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter boosts contrast between objects in the SII emission line and the skyglow background, and provides complete blockage of mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) as well as other sources of artificial light and skyglow simultaneously. The substrate quality of this filter is excellent, showing the same needle sharp stars you typically see using your normal telescope.
All unwanted visible and IR spectral band wavelengths are fully obstructed with this 36 mm Round SII 12 nm CCD Filter from Astronomik. Like all Astronomik filters, the 36 mm SII 12 nm CCD Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It has an ultra thin substrate and is diffraction limited to preserve your telescope's optical performance. Coatings offer total protection from scratching as well as the effects of aging and high humidity. All Astronomik filters arrive in a long-lasting, supreme quality plastic filter container.
- Transmission for the SII line is over 97%
- Nearly complete obstruction of the entire rest of the visual spectrum
- Obstructs undesired wavelengths in the infrared