- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - 50 mm Round - SII-50R
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - 50 mm Round
- The Astronomik SII CCD Filter is a photographic filter and comes in a thin, 50 mm round threaded cell
- By designing the SII 12 nm CCD Filter with regards to peak technical standards, Astronomik has created a filter that provides the optical performance you seek for deep sky CCD imaging applications
- Allows ionized sulfur (SII) light to pass while blocking almost the entire remainder of the visual spectrum along with IR
- This Astronomik SII CCD Filter has a FWHM of about 12 nm
- An ideal filter for planetary nebulae and supernovae remnant imaging
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing high quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 50 mm Round SII 12 nm CCD Filter
For CCD astrophotography applications, you would be hard pressed to find a more ideal narrowband filter than the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter. Its 12 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum) is optimal for standard CCD cameras, enabling the use of extremely fast optics. The f/number application range spans from 1:2.8 to 1:15. Transmission reductions and chromatic aberrations, sometimes an issue with other filters, only arise with Astronomik filters when severely bright 1:2 and more aperture ratios are involved. A further advantage of 12 nm filters is the improved availability of guide stars for cameras featuring a built-in autoguider. Up to 99% transmission.
The Astronomik SII CCD filter increases the contrast between objects, in this case between those with SII emission lines and the skyglow background. Also, our Astronomik SII-CCD filter completely suppresses the emission lines of artificial lighting (mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) and skyglow, making it a great light pollution filter! Due to the high optical quality of the Astronomik CCD SII substrate you will see the same needle-sharp stars as you would from your normal telescope.
All undesired wavelengths in the visible and IR spectral bands are completely obstructed with the Astronomik 50 mm Round SII 12 nm CCD Filter. Parfocal with all other filters from Astronomik, the SII-50R has an ultra thin substrate, and is diffraction limited to maintain the optical efficiency of your telescope. Coatings provide total resistance to blemishes caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity. This Astronomik filter arrives in a durable plastic filter case of superior quality.
- 97%+ ionized sulfur (SII) line transmission
- Blocks almost the entire remainder of the visual spectrum
- Blocks unwanted infrared wavelengths