- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - SCT Rear Cell - SII-SCT
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - SCT Rear Cell
- Astronomik SII CCD Filters are made for CCD photography with this particular model mounted in an SCT rear cell format
- Created with the highest technical standards in mind to offer the optical efficiency needed to perform deep sky imaging operations with your CCD camera
- Permits the light of ionized sulfur (SII) to be transmitted while obstructing close to the rest of the visual spectrum plus IR
- Nearly 12 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Ideal for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova remnants
- German-made for superior optical quality!
More About the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD SCT Filter
For performing CCD photography tasks, this SC Rear Cell mounted SII CCD narrowband filter from Astronomik is ideal. With an FWHM (full width at half maximum) of 12 nm, the Astronomik SII CCD is optimal for common CCD cameras, allowing the use of exceptionally fast optics. The focal ratio application range stretches from 1:2.8 to 1:15. Transmission losses and chromatic aberrations only transpire with Astronomik filters when excessively bright 1:2 or more aperture ratios are used, unlike other filters. It should be acknowledged that this filter features a transmission of up to 99%. Another benefit of 12 nm filters is the high availability of guiding stars for cameras that incorporate an autoguider.
Astronomik's CCD filters enhance the contrast between objects. The SII filter enhances contrast between SII emission line objects and the background sky while offering total suppression of mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) and other artificial light emissions, as well as skyglow, making it an excellent filter to use in light polluted conditions. Because of the high quality of the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD substrate, you'll see the same razor sharp stars as you would from your regular telescope.
All unwanted visible and IR spectral band wavelengths are fully obstructed with this SCT mounted SII 12 nm CCD Filter from Astronomik. Like all Astronomik filters, the SC Rear Cell SII 12 nm CCD Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It has an ultra thin substrate and is diffraction limited to preserve your telescope's optical performance. Coatings offer total protection from scratching as well as the effects of aging and high humidity. All Astronomik filters arrive in a long-lasting, supreme quality plastic filter container.
- More than 97% transmission of the ionized sulfur (SII) line
- Blocks close to the whole remainder of the visual spectrum
- Blocks undesired wavelengths in the infrared