- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter - SII-NIKXL
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - Nikon XL Full Frame Clip
- Featuring a Nikon Full Frame clip format, this Astronomik 12 nm SII CCD Filter is known to be compatible with Nikon D800 and D810 full frame DSLR camera bodies.
- Made to the highest technical standards to provide the optical efficiency necessary to execute deep sky imaging applications with your CCD camera
- Permits the light of ionized sulfur (SII) to be transmitted while obstructing close to the rest of the visual spectrum plus IR
- 12 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Optimally suited for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova remnants
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing high quality optics!
More About the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filters
For CCD astrophotography applications, you would be hard pressed to find a more ideal narrowband filter than the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter. Its 12 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum) is optimal for standard CCD cameras, enabling the use of extremely fast optics. The f/number application range spans from 1:2.8 to 1:15. Transmission reductions and chromatic aberrations, sometimes an issue with other filters, only arise with Astronomik filters when severely bright 1:2 and more aperture ratios are involved. Another advantage of 12 nm filters is the greater guide star availability for cameras that incorporate an autoguider. Up to 99% transmission.Astronomik's CCD filters enhance the contrast between objects. The SII filter enhances contrast between SII emission line objects and the background sky while offering total suppression of mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) and other artificial light emissions, as well as skyglow, making it an excellent filter to use in light polluted conditions. Because of the high quality of the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD substrate, you'll see the same razor sharp stars as you would from your regular telescope. This Astronomik SII CCD filter provides complete blockage of all superfluous wavelengths in the visible and IR spectral bands. It has a very thin substrate, and is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Diffraction limited, this filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope. Coatings offer complete protection from scratching as well as the impacts of aging and high humidity. All Astronomik filters are delivered in a durable, high quality plastic filter box.
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System Compatibility
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D800 and D810. All manual lenses and T-adapters work fine!
- Nikon full frame cameras that are not listed above have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL Clip Filter will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors or with the new mirrorless models.
- More than 97% transmission in the SII line
- Blocks close to the entire remainder of the visual spectrum
- Obstructs undesired wavelengths in the infrared