- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter - SII-SONY
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter
- Expressly designed for CCD astrophotography, this Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter uses a Sony Alpha 7 clip format for compatibility with MkI, MkII, and MkIII variants of Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s camera models.
- Made with regards to the highest technical principles to ensure the optical performance you need for deep sky CCD imaging applications
- Permits the light of ionized sulfur (SII) to be transmitted while obstructing close to the rest of the visual spectrum plus IR
- FWHM of approximately 12 nm
- Perfect for imaging planetary nebulae as well as the remains of supernovae as it blocks all undesired light pollution
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for their supreme quality optics!
More About Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filters
The SII CCD Filter from Astronomik is the ultimate narrowband imaging filter. For common CCD cameras, this filter's 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) is ideal as it allows extremely fast optics to be employed. The f/number application range is between 1:2.8 and 1:15. Astronomik filters only experience transmission losses and chromatic distortions when severely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are involved, whereas they arise much more frequently with other filters. An additonal advantage of 12 nm filters is the enhanced guide star availability for cameras with an integrated autoguider. The Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter has a transmission of up to 99%.Astronomik's CCD filters enhance the contrast between objects. The SII filter enhances contrast between SII emission line objects and the background sky while offering total suppression of mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) and other artificial light emissions, as well as skyglow, making it an excellent filter to use in light polluted conditions. Because of the high quality of the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD substrate, you'll see the same razor sharp stars as you would from your regular telescope. All undesired wavelengths in the visible and IR spectral bands are completely obstructed with the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter. Parfocal with all other filters from Astronomik, the SII-SONY has an ultra thin substrate, and is diffraction limited to maintain the optical efficiency of your telescope. Coatings provide total resistance to blemishes caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity. This Astronomik filter arrives in a durable plastic filter case of superior quality.
Astronomik Sony Alpha 7 Clip Filter System
Astronomik's exclusive Clip-Filter system is made from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut using ultra modern machinery. This filter can be directly inserted into the camera body of MkI, MkII, and MkIII versions of Sony Alpha 7, 7r, and 7s models in just seconds. No modifications are required and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to be operational! In addition, this system also serves as a dust protector, preventing dust from accumulating on your sensor during long exposures.
- 97%+ ionized sulfur (SII) line transmission
- Blocks almost the complete rest of the visible spectrum
- Rejects unwanted Infrared wavelengths