- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD EOS Clip Filter - SII6-EOS
Astronomik SII 6 nm EOS Clip Filter
- The Astronomik SII 6 nm EOS Clip Filter is a photographic filter in an EOS Clip frame format.
- Designed with the maximum technical standards in mind for the highest optical performance for you desire for deep sky imaging with your Canon EOS camera.
- Permits ionized sulfur (SII) light to pass while blocking close to the entire remainder of the visual spectrum as well as IR.
- This SII EOS Clip Filter from Astronomik has an approximately 6 nm FWHM.
- Perfect for imaging planetary nebulae and remnants of supernovae as it obstructs all undesired light pollution.
- German-made for supreme quality optics!
More About the Astronomik SII 6 nm EOS Clip Filter
The Astronomik SII 6 nm Canon EOS Clip Filter is an extremely narrow emission-line filter designed for use with Canon EOS DSLR Cameras along with devices as fast as f/3.5 for CCD astro-imaging applications only. Not appropriate for visual or solar operations. This narrowband filter lets ionized sulfur (SII) light from emission nebulae to pass through to your sensor while, simultaneously, totally cutting off the rest of the spectrum.
With its smaller 6 nm FWHM, this Astronomik SII CCD EOS Clip Filter is ideal for exhibiting the maximum amount of contrast between objects that emit SII light, such as emission nebulae and the skyglow background. 6 nm filters offer similar performance when compared with 12 nm filters, but also provide a higher contrast gain. On the contrary, using a 6 nm FWHM filter can cause background stars to appear dimmer, or to not be viewable at all. Thus, to achieve maximum contrast without sacrificing the background quality of your final image, it is best to employ both the 6 nm and 12 nm SII filters together.
Since the Astronomik 6 nm SII EOS Clip Filter completely eradicates mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) emissions lines, the main culprits of light pollution, it makes an excellent filter for imaging in heavily light-polluted environments.
The Astronomik EOS Clip Filter, like all filters from Astronomik, is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Additionally, this filter is highly resistant to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity. Package includes a durable, supreme quality plastic storage container.
Astronomik Clip-Filter System
This Clip-Filter system, exclusive to Astronomik, is constructed from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on extremely modern machines. In a matter of mere seconds, this filter can be inserted directly into the Canon EOS camera body. No adjustments are necessary and all lens operations such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, remain operational! All Canon system lenses with the exception of the EF-S series, plus all M42 and T2 lens adapters, work with the Astronomik EOS Clip Filter. This system also doubles as a dust protector, keeping dust from gathering on your sensor during long exposures.
- Usual ionized sulfur (SII) line transmission of 96%
- Provides total obstruction of unwanted light from UV up to IR