- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - 1.25" - SII6-1
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - 1.25"
- This SII CCD Filter from Astronomik comes mounted in a round 1.25" threaded cell for the express purpose of astrophotography
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to enable peak optical performance for deep sky imaging applications with your CCD camera
- Permits ionized sulfur (SII) light to be transmitted while simultaneously cutting off the entire remainder of the visual spectrum plus IR
- Approximate FWHM bandwidth of 6 nm
- Best-suited for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova vestiges
- German-made for superior optical quality!
More About the Astronomik 1.25" SII 6 nm CCD Filter
For CCD astrophotography operations, this 1.25" SII 6 nm CCD Filter from Astronomik is the ideal narrowband filter. It has a smaller full width at half maximum (FWHM) of 6 nm to enable higher contrast gain than you would get from the 12 nm filter when also factoring in a typical 96% transmission given that all unwanted light from alternate wavelengths from UV up to IR is blocked. This results in an especially dark background. While you may experience transmission reductions and chromatic distortions with other filters, these only occur with Astronomik filters when exceptionally bright 1:2 and above aperture ratios are involved.
Astronomik SII CCD filters highlight the contrast between objects that emit in the ionized sulfur (SII) line and the background sky. This filter also serves as an excellent filter for combating light pollution as it offers total suppression of artificial sources of light such as mercury and sodium-vapor street lamps, a common cause of light pollution. The Astronomik SII CCD Filter's high quality substrate enables you to see razor sharp stars identical to those you would see with the telescope you typically use.
All superfluous wavelengths in the visible and IR bands of the spectrum are completely obstructed with the Astronomik 1.25" SII 6 nm CCD Filter. Parfocal with all other Astronomik filters and diffraction limited to keep the optical performance of your telescope from degrading. The coatings on this filter provide remarkable protection from scratching as well as high humidity and aging effects. The Astronomik 1.25" SII 6 nm Filter is delivered in a durable, high-quality plastic filter case.
- Typical 96% transmission in the SII line
- Offers complete blockage of unwanted light from UV up to IR