- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - 27 mm Round - SII6-27
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - 27 mm Round
- This Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter is a photographic filter in a 27 mm round format
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to enable peak optical performance for deep sky imaging applications with your CCD camera
- Ionized sulfur (SII) light is allowed to pass while the complete rest of the visual spectrum as well as IR is cut off
- Approximately 6 nm FWHM bandwidth
- An optimal fit for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova remnants
- German-made for high optical quality!
More About Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filters
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filters are the optimal solution for CCD astrophotography applications. Features a reduced 6 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum) combined with a typical 96% transmission for an incredible contrast enhancement since all spurious light from wavelengths other than the SII line (672 nm) is cut off from UV up to the IR. This provides a background that is extremely dark. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, while an issue with other filters, only arise with Astronomik filters when especially bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more come into play.CCD filters from Astronomik highlight the contrast between objects. The SII filter highlights the contrast between ionized sulfur (SII) emission line objects and the skyglow background. Plus, this filter also completely obstructs artifical light sources such as mercury (Hg), sodium (Na), and skyglow, making it an excellent filter for use in heavily light polluted conditions. A superior quality substrate allows the Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter to provide the same needle sharp star views you would see with your normal telescope. Complete blockage of all unwanted wavelengths in the visible and IR bands of the spectrum is enabled by the Astronomik 27 mm SII 6 nm CCD Filter. As with all filters from Astronomik, this filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It is also diffraction limited so it won't compromise the optical performance of your telescope. Coatings keep this SII CCD filter from inducing scratches and other damaging effects from aging and high humidity. All Astronomik filters are delivered in a long-lasting plastic filter case of supreme quality.
- Typical 96% transmission in the SII (672 nm) line
- Offers total blockage of unwanted light from UV up to IR