- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - 36 mm - SII6-36
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - 36 mm
- This round 36 mm threaded cell Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter has been made specifically for astro-imaging
- Created with regards to peak technical standards for the optical efficiency necessary for deep sky observing with CCD imagers
- Enables SII light emissions to be transmitted while, at the same time, totally suppresses the entire remainder of the visual spectrum as well as IR
- Close to 6 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Ideally suited for planetary nebulae and supernova remnant imaging
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing superior quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 36 mm SII 6 nm CCD Filter
For CCD astrophotography applications, this 36 mm SII 6 nm CCD Filter from Astronomik is the optimal narrowband filter. Features a reduced 6 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum) combined with a typical 96% transmission for an exceptional boost in contrast due to all unwanted light in wavelengths aside from SII being completely blocked from UV up to the IR. This results in a background that is extremely dark. Transmission reductions and chromatic distortions, which occur more often with other filters, only arise with Astronomik filters when especially bright 1:2 or more aperture ratios come into play.
Astronomik SII CCD filters highlight the contrast between objects that emit in the ionized sulfur (SII) line and the background sky. In addition, this filter serves as an excellent light pollution adversary as it obstructs artificial light from sources such as mercury and sodium vapor street lamps, as well as skyglow. The Astronomik SII CCD Filter's high quality substrate enables you to see needle sharp stars identical to those you would see via your regular telescope.
Complete blockage of all unwanted wavelengths in the visible and IR bands of the spectrum is enabled by the Astronomik 36 mm SII 6 nm CCD Filter. As with all filters from Astronomik, this filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It is also diffraction limited so it won't compromise the optical performance of your telescope. Coatings keep this SII CCD filter from inducing scratches and other damaging effects from aging and high humidity. All Astronomik filters are delivered in a long-lasting plastic filter case of supreme quality.
- Typical 96% ionized sulfur (SII) line transmission
- Provides full occlusion of undesired light from UV up to IR