- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - 42 mm Round - SII6-42
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - 42 mm Round
- Astronomik's SII 6 nm CCD Filter has been created for the express purpose of CCD astrophotography with this particular filter presented in a round 42 mm format
- Designed with regards to peak technical standards for the superb optical perfomance needed for deep sky astrophotography
- Transmits ionized sulfur (SII) light while cutting off the full remainder of the visible spectrum plus IR at the same time
- Approximate FWHM bandwidth of 6 nm
- Ideally equipped for imaging deep sky objects such as planetary nebulae and the remnants of supernovae
- Made in Germany, a country with a reputation for producing optics of supreme quality!
More About Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filters
This 42 mm SII 6 nm CCD Filter from Astronomik is the perfect narrowband filter for CCD astro-imaging. With a smaller FWHM (full width at half maximum) of 6 nm, coupled with a usual 96% transmission, this filter is able to provide a remarkable contrast boost. All undesired wavelengths of light not in the SII line (672 nm) are completely occluded from UV up to the IR. This results in a background that is exceptionally dark. With Astronomik filters, transmission reductions and chromatic aberrations only crop up when extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and above are involved, contrary to filters made by other manufacturers.CCD filters from Astronomik highlight the contrast between objects. The SII filter highlights the contrast between ionized sulfur (SII) emission line objects and the skyglow background. Plus, this filter also completely obstructs artifical light sources such as mercury (Hg), sodium (Na), and skyglow, making it an excellent filter for use in heavily light polluted conditions. A superior quality substrate allows the Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter to provide the same needle sharp star views you would see with your normal telescope. Complete blockage of all unwanted wavelengths in the visible and IR bands of the spectrum is enabled by the Astronomik 42 mm SII 6 nm CCD Filter. As with all filters from Astronomik, this filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It is also diffraction limited so it won't compromise the optical performance of your telescope. Coatings keep this SII CCD filter from inducing scratches and other damaging effects from aging and high humidity. All Astronomik filters are delivered in a long-lasting plastic storage case of supreme quality.
- For the SII (672 nm) line, typical transmission is 96%
- Provides complete obstruction of unwanted light from UV up to IR