- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - M52 Round Mounted - SII6-M52
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - M52
- Presented in a round M52 threaded cell, this Astronomik SII CCD Filter has been designed specifically for astro-imaging purposes
- Made to the highest technical standards to enable the optical performance required for deep sky CCD imaging
- Permits ionized sulfur (SII) light to be transmitted while simultaneously cutting off the entire remainder of the visual spectrum plus IR
- 6 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Optimized for deep sky photography of planetary nebulae as well as supernova remnants
- Made in Germany, a country known for product optics of superior quality!
More About Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filters
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filters are the optimal solution for CCD astrophotography applications. Features a reduced 6 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum) combined with a typical 96% transmission for an incredible contrast enhancement since all spurious light from wavelengths other than the SII line (672 nm) is cut off from UV up to the IR. This provides a background that is extremely dark. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, while an issue with other filters, only arise with Astronomik filters when especially bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more come into play.With its smaller 6 nm FWHM, this Astronomik SII CCD Filter is ideal for exhibiting the maximum amount of contrast between objects that emit SII light, such as emission nebulae and the skyglow background. 6 nm filters offer similar performance when compared with 12 nm filters, but also provide a higher contrast gain. On the contrary, using a 6 nm FWHM filter can cause background stars to appear dimmer, or to not be viewable at all. Thus, to achieve maximum contrast without sacrificing the background quality of your final image, it is best to employ both the 6 nm and 12 nm SII filters together. Complete occlusion of undesired visible and IR band spectral wavelengths is enabled by this Astronomik M52 SII 6 nm CCD Filter. Parfocal with all other filters produced by Astronomik and diffraction limited to maintain your telescope's optical performance. Coatings offer strong protection from scratching as well as the impacts of aging and high humidity. This filter is shipped in a durable plastic storage container of superior quality.
- Typical 96% ionized sulfur (SII) line transmission
- Fully blocks excessive light from UV up to IR