- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - SC Rear Cell - SII6-SCT
Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter - SCT Rear Cell
- This Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter in SC rear cell format was created for the express purpose of CCD astrophotography with Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes
- Designed with the highest technical standards in mind to enable peak optical performance for deep sky imaging applications with your CCD camera
- Ionized sulfur (SII) light is allowed to pass while the complete rest of the visual spectrum as well as IR is cut off
- FWHM bandwidth is close to 12 nm
- Best suited for imaging planetary neblae as well as the remains of supernovae
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing optics of superior quality!
More About Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filters
For CCD astrophotography operations, the SII 6 nm CCD Filter from Astronomik is the ideal narrowband filter. It has a smaller full width at half maximum (FWHM) of 6 nm to enable higher contrast gain than you would get from the 12 nm filter when also factoring in a typical 96% transmission given that all unwanted light from alternate wavelengths from UV up to IR is blocked. This results in an especially dark background. While you may experience transmission reductions and chromatic distortions with other filters, these only occur with Astronomik filters when exceptionally bright 1:2 and above aperture ratios are involved.With its smaller 6 nm FWHM, this Astronomik SII CCD Filter is ideal for exhibiting the maximum amount of contrast between objects that emit SII light, such as emission nebulae and the skyglow background. 6 nm filters offer similar performance when compared with 12 nm filters, but also provide a higher contrast gain. On the contrary, using a 6 nm FWHM filter can cause background stars to appear dimmer, or to not be viewable at all. Thus, to achieve maximum contrast without sacrificing the background quality of your final image, it is best to employ both the 6 nm and 12 nm SII filters together. This Astronomik SII 6 nm CCD Filter enables complete blockage of all unwanted wavelengths in the visible and IR bands of the spectrum. As with all filters from Astronomik, this filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It is also diffraction limited so it won't compromise the optical performance of your telescope. Coatings keep this SII CCD filter from inducing scratches and other damaging effects from aging and high humidity. All Astronomik filters are delivered in a long-lasting plastic filter case of supreme quality.
- Over 97% ionized sulfur (SII) line transmission
- Obstructs nearly the entire remainder of the visible spectrum
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths in the Infrared