- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC Canon EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter - UHC-EOSXL
Astronomik UHC Canon EOS XL Clip Filter
- This Astronomik UHC Filter is an excellent visual filter for broadband deep sky astrophotography in an EOS XL Clip frame format
- Made to the highest technical principles in mind to provide the greatest possible optical efficiency for deep sky observation using your full frame Canon EOS camera
- Clips into Canon full frame 5D MK II, 5D MK III, and 6D DSLR cameras to recover the camera's terrestrial photography capabilities, similar to the original standard equipment filter
- With a high transmission close to 100% of H-Beta and OIII lines, you will be able to capture an abundance of extra gas and planetary nebulae detail
- Multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters shield them from potential defects caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing optics of high quality!
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
More About the Astronomik UHC Canon EOS XL Clip Filter
This Astronomik UHC EOS Clip Filter has been specifically designed for visual deep sky observation with full frame Canon EOS cameras. This filter simultaneously allows nearly 100% of H-beta and OIII emission lines to pass through, plus a second bandpass to guarantee that the H-alpha line also makes it to your eye, while obstructing unwanted light from other wavelengths. A remarkable amount of gas and planetary nebulae detail is now visible due to the strong sky background reduction. In addition, this filter's high transmission allows it to supply enough light to efficiently view deep sky objects, even with smaller telescopes.
Best-suited for telescopes featuring a focal ratio range spanning from f/4 to f/15. Astronomik UHC filters work with 2" aperture instruments and above, but work particularly well with 5" apertures and larger. With the Astronomik UHC Filter, transmission loss and color displacement are only an issue when working with ultra fast focal ratios of f/3 or less, unlike other filters on the market. UHC filters sold by other manufacturers are lacking as far as the quantity of stars or nebula detail they show when compared to Astronomik UHC filters. Furthermore, the superior optical quality of the glass on this filter allows stars to be viewed as tiny pinpoints.
Fully sealed coatings on this Astronomik UHC Filter shield it from the impact of external moisture. Astronomik UHC filters maintain their transmission characteristics indefinitely. The coatings are so tough that scratching them by accident would not be possible. In fact, to obtain even the finest of scratching, you would have to purposefully rub these coatings with sandpaper! Like all Astronomik filters, this UHC filter is delivered with a durable, high-quality plastic filter case.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip-Filter System
Astronomik's proprietary Clip-Filter system is made of black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most up-to-date machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to work with Canon DSLR cameras with full format bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This Clip-Filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body using only your fingers in a matter of seconds. Removal is also quick and easy. No tools or adjustments needed and all lens operations like focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to function normally! In addition, during long exposures, Astronomik's Clip-Filter system keeps dust at bay so it doesn't gather on your sensor. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
- 99+% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 99+% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 99+% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 96% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Impedes undesired wavelengths