- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC-E Filter - 2" Round Mounted - UHCE-2
Astronomik 2" Round Mounted UHC-E Filter
For users of smaller telescopes who are on a budget, this Astronomik 2" UHC-E Filter is the perfect choice for deep sky observation of emission nebulae as well as comet viewing under heavily light polluted skies. Ideally equipped for up to 5" (125 mm) aperture instruments. The contrast between emission nebulae light and that of street lamp glow and the background sky is greatly enhanced with this filter.
The UHC-E Filter from Astronomik has a high 45 nm FWHM and blocks airglow, as well as mercury and sodium-vapor light typical in common street lamps, a major contributor to urban light pollution. While this filter doesn't increase the contrast between your intended target and the night sky as much as the UHC filter does, the UHC-E does increase the amount of light transmitted. This makes the UHC-E filter a more apt fit for telescopes with smaller apertures.
Astronomik 2" UHC-E Filter Highlights
- This 2" Astronomik UHC-E Filter is optimally suited for smaller telescopes with apertures of 5" (125 mm) or less
- Boosts contrast between deep sky emission nebulae and the skyglow background in heavily light polluted conditions
- Due to the UHC-E filter's high FWHM of 45 nm, comet observation is attainable when it passes through a spectral line of Carbon
- 94% maximum transmission
- 480 nm to 525 nm and 645 nm plus transmission range
- Parfocal with any other filter offered by Astronomik
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Multi-layer coatings provide full protection against the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- This filter is diffraction limited and thus will not lessen the optical efficiency of your telescope
- All Astronomik filters arrive with a long-lasting, superb quality plastic storage container
- 94% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 90% transmission at 656 nm (H-alpha)
- Transmits from 465 nm to 530 nm as well as over 645 nm
- Blocks all undesirable wavelengths