- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC-E Filter - 50 mm Square - UHCE-50SQ
Astronomik 50 mm Square UHC-E Filter
For users of smaller telescopes who are on a budget, this Astronomik 50x50 mm Square UHC-E Filter is the perfect choice for deep sky observation of emission nebulae as well as comet viewing under heavily light polluted skies. Ideally equipped for up to 5" (125 mm) aperture instruments. The contrast between emission nebulae light and that of street lamp glow and the background sky is greatly enhanced with this filter.Providing an FWHM (full width at half maximum) of 45 nm, this Astronomik UHC-E filter emphasizes the contrast between the object you want to see and the background sky, but in a reduced manner when compared to the UHC filter. However, a larger amount of starlight is transmitted. Therefore, the UHC-E filter works better for telescopes with smaller apertures.
Astronomik UHC-E Filter Highlights
- This Astronomik 50x50 mm UHC-E Filter is best suited for use with smaller telescopes featuring apertures of up to 5" (125 mm)
- Enhances the contrast between deep sky emission nebulae and the background sky when light pollution is severe
- Comet observation becomes possible when the UHC-E filter passes a spectral line of Carbon due to its high 45 nm FWHM
- 94% maximum transmission
- 480 nm to 525 nm and 645 nm plus transmission range
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Parfocal with any other filter from Astronomik
- Multi-layer coatings provide full protection against the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not compromise your telescope's optical performance
- All Astronomik filters are shipped with a long-lasting, supreme quality plastic storage case
- 94% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 90% transmission at 656 nm (H-alpha)
- Transmits from 465 nm to 530 nm as well as over 645 nm
- Blocks all undesirable wavelengths