- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC-E Filter - EOS XL Full Frame Clip - UHCE-EOSXL
Astronomik UHC-E Canon EOS XL Full Frame Clip Filter
Astronomik UHC-E filters are ideal for those on a budget who still want to observe comets and deep sky emission nebulae in areas with heavy light pollution. Optimally equipped for smaller instruments with apertures up to 5" (125 mm), this filter obstructs unwanted light from sources such as streep lamps and background skyglow, while increasing the contrast of emission nebulae and comets.With a 45 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum), the contrast between your target object and the night sky is not enhanced as intensely as with a UHC filter. On the other hand, a greater amount of starlight is allowed to pass through. This makes UHC-E filters better suited for smaller aperture telescopes.
Astronomik Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik's proprietary Clip-Filter system is made of black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most up-to-date machinery. EOS XL full frame clip filters are designed to work with Canon DSLR cameras with full format bodies such as the 5D Mk II and 5D Mk III. This Clip-Filter can be inserted into the Canon EOS camera body using only your fingers in a matter of seconds. Removal is also quick and easy. No tools or adjustments needed and all lens operations like focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to function normally! In addition, during long exposures, Astronomik's Clip-Filter system keeps dust at bay so it doesn't gather on your sensor. Unfortunately this filter is not compatible with the Canon EOS 6D Mk II.
Astronomik UHC-E Filter Highlights
- This Canon EOS Full Frame Clip Filter from Astronomik is an ideal fit for use with smaller telescopes with up to 5" (125 mm) apertures
- For imaging in severe light pollution, this filter emphasizes the contrast between deep sky emission nebulae and the skyglow background
- Clips into Canon full frame 5D MK II, 5D MK III, and 6D DSLR cameras to recover the camera's terrestrial photography capabilities, similar to the original standard equipment filter
- With a high 45 nm FWHM, Astronomik UHC-E filters enable comet observation when they pass a Carbon spectral line
- 94% peak transmission
- Transmission ranges from 480 nm to 525 nm and 645 nm and above
- 1 mm thick glass
- Complete protection from the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity is provided by multi-layer coatings
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not lessen your telescope's optical performance
- All Astronomik filters are shipped with a long-lasting, supreme quality plastic storage case
- Please note that Astronomik XL Clip filters will not work with the Canon 6D Mk II, 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV camera bodies, and will only work without LiveView with the Canon 5D Mk I
- 94% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 90% transmission at 656 nm (H-alpha)
- Transmits from 465 nm to 530 nm as well as over 645 nm
- Blocks all undesirable wavelengths