- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC-E Filter - SC Rear Cell - UHCE-SCT
Astronomik UHC-E SC Rear Cell Filter
For users of smaller telescopes who are on a budget, this Astronomik SC Rear Cell UHC-E Filter is the perfect choice for deep sky observation of emission nebulae as well as comet viewing under heavily light polluted skies. Ideally equipped for up to 5" (125 mm) aperture instruments. The contrast between emission nebulae light and that of street lamp glow and the background sky is greatly enhanced with this filter.With a 45 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum), the contrast between your target object and the night sky is not enhanced as intensely as with a UHC filter. On the other hand, a greater amount of starlight is allowed to pass through. This makes UHC-E filters better suited for smaller aperture telescopes.
Astronomik UHC-E Filter Highlights
- This UHC-E SC Rear Cell Filter from Astronomik works best with smaller telescopes that have apertures of up to 5" (125 mm)
- Increases contrast between deep sky emission nebulae and the background when imaging in heavily light polluted conditions
- With a high 45 nm FWHM, Astronomik UHC-E filters enable comet observation when they pass a Carbon spectral line
- 94% peak transmission
- Transmission range of 480 nm to 525 nm as well as 645 nm and above
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Parfocal with any other filter made by Astronomik
- Multi-layer coatings provide full protection against the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope
- All Astronomik filters are shipped with a long-lasting, supreme quality plastic storage case
- 94% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 90% transmission at 656 nm (H-alpha)
- Transmits from 465 nm to 530 nm as well as over 645 nm
- Blocks all undesirable wavelengths