- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC-E M52 Round Mounted - UHCE-M52
Astronomik UHC-E M52 Filter
Astronomik UHC-E filters are ideal for those on a budget who still want to observe comets and deep sky emission nebulae in areas with heavy light pollution. Optimally equipped for smaller instruments with apertures up to 5" (125 mm), this filter obstructs unwanted light from sources such as streep lamps and background skyglow, while increasing the contrast of emission nebulae and comets.With a 45 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum), the contrast between your target object and the night sky is not enhanced as intensely as with a UHC filter. On the other hand, a greater amount of starlight is allowed to pass through. This makes UHC-E filters better suited for smaller aperture telescopes.
Astronomik UHC-E M52 Filter Highlights
- This M52 Round Filter from Astronomik works best with smaller telescopes that have apertures of up to 5" (125 mm)
- Enhances the contrast between deep sky emission nebulae and the background sky when light pollution is severe
- Due to the UHC-E filter's high FWHM of 45 nm, comet observation is attainable when it passes through a spectral line of Carbon
- 94% maximum transmission
- 480 nm to 525 nm and 645 nm plus transmission range
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Parfocal with all other Astronomik filters
- Complete protection from the impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity is provided via multi-layer coatings
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not lessen your telescope's optical performance
- All Astronomik filters arrive with a high quality, long-lasting plastic storage container
- 94% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 90% transmission at 656 nm (H-alpha)
- Transmits from 465 nm to 530 nm as well as over 645 nm
- Blocks all undesirable wavelengths