- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC-E Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter - UHCE-NIKXL
Astronomik UHC-E Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter
For users of smaller telescopes who are on a budget, this Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter is the perfect choice for deep sky observation of emission nebulae as well as comet viewing under heavily light polluted skies. Ideally equipped for up to 5" (125 mm) aperture instruments. The contrast between emission nebulae light and that of street lamp glow and the background sky is greatly enhanced with this filter.
Providing an FWHM (full width at half maximum) of 45 nm, this Astronomik UHC-E filter emphasizes the contrast between the object you want to see and the background sky, but in a reduced manner when compared to the UHC filter. However, a larger amount of starlight is transmitted. Therefore, the UHC-E filter works better for telescopes with smaller apertures.
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System
Astronomik now offers clip filters for full format Nikon DSLR camera bodies. Designed from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art machinery, the Astronomik Nikon Full Frame XL Clip Filter fits comfortably in the camera without stress. Successfully tested with Nikon D800 and D810 camera models, this filter does not require any tools for assembly and disassembly. Camera modifications are also not necessary, and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, are unaffected. This clip filter is not compatible with cameras featuring APS-C sized sensors, as well as new mirrorless cameras. Lastly, Astronomik's clip filter system serves as an effective dust protector, keeping dust from collecting on the sensor during extended exposures.
Astronomik UHC-E Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter Highlights
- This Astronomik XL Clip Filter is optimally equipped for use with 5" (125 mm) and smaller aperture telescopes
- No adjustments or tools are required for use as this filter, which firmly rests in the camera with stress, can be both connected and disconnected using only ones finger
- For imaging in severe light pollution, this filter emphasizes the contrast between deep sky emission nebulae and the skyglow background
- Comet observation becomes possible when the UHC-E filter passes a spectral line of Carbon due to its high 45 nm FWHM
- 94% peak transmission
- 480 nm to 525 nm and 645 nm plus transmission range
- Parfocal with all filters made by Astronomik
- 1 mm glass thickness
- Full resistance to the effects of scratching, aging, and high humidity is provided via multi-layer coatings
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not diminish your telescope's optical performance
- All Astronomik filters are shipped with a long-lasting, supreme quality plastic storage case
Astronomik Nikon XL Full Frame Clip Filter System Compatibility
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D800 and D810. All manual lenses and T-adapters work fine!
- Nikon full frame cameras that are not listed above have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL Clip Filter will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors or with the new mirrorless models.
- 94% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 90% transmission at 656 nm (H-alpha)
- Transmits from 465 nm to 530 nm as well as over 645 nm
- Obstructs all undesirable wavelengths