- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik UHC Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted - UHC-1
Astronomik UHC Filter - 1.25" Round Mounted
- This Astronomik UHC Filter, a great visual filter designed for broadband deep sky observing, is mounted in a 1.25" machined cell
- Made to the highest technical standards to supply the high optical performance you want and need for observing deep sky objects
- With a high transmission of nearly 100% of H-Beta and OIII lines, you will see lots of extra detail in gas and planetary nebulae
- All Astronomik filters feature multi-layer coatings to protect them from blemishes caused by scratching, aging, and humidity
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing optics of supreme quality!
More About the Astronomik 1.25" Round Mounted UHC Filter
This Astronomik UHC Filter is made for visual deep sky observation. It allows almost 100% of radiation from both OIII and H-beta lines to pass through. Additionally, a second bandpass for the H-alpha line makes sure that this radiation also reaches the eye. Meanwhile, scattered light from other wavelength ranges is filtered out. Due to the strong reduction of the sky background, gas and planetary nebulae are visible with an unexpected abundance of detail. The Astronomik UHC Filter provides enough light to successfully observe deep sky objects with smaller telescopes because of its high transmission.
Optimized for use with telescopes that have focal ratios of f/4 to f/15. Unlike other filters on the market, loss of transmission and color displacement only occurs with this filter when extremely fast focal ratios of f/3 or less are involved. The UHC filters work with 2" aperture instruments and above, but work particularly well with 5" apertures and larger. Compared to UHC filters sold by other manufacturers, the Astronomik UHC filter shows you more stars along with more nebula detail, and because of the high quality of the glass, you will be able to see stars as small pinpoints.
The coatings are completely sealed and immune to moisture. They do not change with time, keeping their transmission characteristics indefinitely. Astronomik UHC filter coatings are so tough that it is impossible to scratch them by mistake. To get even the finest of scratches, you would have to rub them with sandpaper! Astronomik filters include a high quality, long-lasting, plastic storage case.
- 99+% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 99+% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 99+% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 96% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Blocks unwanted wavelengths